I feel like I have not done a “summary” transition post in a while, so here we go. Part of its for me (records), part of it is for others starting out transitioning on testosterone to check out what the future could hold (despite it varying wildly from person to person).
- I am finally feeling happy with the way my facial hair is coming on! For months and months and months it seemed to tease at coming out more, but since being on Nebido progress has stepped up and I now have visable hair on my chin, upper lip and sideburns.
- I am never misgendered – although most people think i’m roughly 10 years younger than I actually am.
- My voice has stabilised and I really like it.
- I have not yet grown to 6ft 5in and morphed into the terminator.
- If I put in a bit of effort I can build muscle – before it was almost impossible.
- My hair has receded – I have “devil horns” (very fitting). Sometimes I get anxious about it receding further, sometimes I don’t give a shit.
- I have dark hair on every part of my body – this is still progressing and I think will get thicker and thicker over the coming years until people start calling the police because they have found the Yeti.
- Testogel resulted in really stable moods. With Nebido I get a bit tired and emotional during the week before injection. I am hoping this gets less as Nebido builds in my system and I have less big hormone dips.
- Chest in healing well from revison surgery N#1. Revision surgery N#2 should be to the end of this year. Surgery helped a shed tonne with my confidence.
- I get hot so much quicker, and sweat so much quicker (and more). I smell more.
- I have fewer food cravings – in fact I have less general interest in food, however this could be unrelated to testosterone.
- My mental health has come on leaps and bounds, however this can’t all be attributed to testosterone, lots of others factors in here as well!
- I am essentially the same person – testosterone does not make “you” disappear, nor does it change your values and/or feelings towards people.
That’s about it. My short term goal is to make it through my shift today without getting desperate enough to find a way to “slip” near the counter, crack my head and go unconscious for a while. My medium term goal is to look like Father Christmas before Christmas Day. My long term goal is to travel to the other side of the planet and start a profession with only instinct and (hopefully) some common sense to guide me.
Work continues to bore the pants off me, I have the weeked off though so will have chance to recover and hit the gym for the first time in ageeeeeeees.
Comparison pic: day 21 vs day 644 (week 3 vs week 92)